9/03/2013

what i did on my summer vacation

Hi friends. I'm back. Finished up my summer job on Friday. After a handful of transition meetings, I turned in my Nerd Badge and my boss took me to Chinese food for lunch. Delish! I'm glad I had this job. It made a universe of difference in our finances, and I was able to observe myself at an office job (which I haven't had in a couple of years) to see what I liked/didn't like, etc. Invaluable. My next foray into the work-a-day world will be in January, so I have time to ponder what I learned.

When I wasn't working, I was playing with MM. We did right by our Summer List this year. Boy Howdy! We went camping, hiking, paddling, biking, walking, and all kinds of other ings. We went to the lake and to the ocean and Shakespeare in the park and visited four waterfalls. We saw some beautiful moons. And beautiful flowers. We went to the Farmers Market where we bought locally grown mushrooms and tried Kombucha for the first time. We saw summer movies with robots and fight scenes and explosions. We set up a canopy over our blowup mattress in the back yard and read all afternoon. Another time we hauled our books and blankets on our bikes and read at the park. We saw a ballgame and fireworks. We ate ice cream. We sipped wine. We grilled so hard, I think we broke our bbq.

A lovely, life giving summer. Happy, happy days. What about you? What did you do this summer?

No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think?