5/10/2012

thursdaybook - the wine and the tiger

For today I am,

Seeing... The blinds are closed, but I can see bright sunlight pushing through the slats. In a few moments, I'm headed out to the back yard to sit in that sunshine and sip some tea. There, I'll see the wall of climbing roses. Gobs and gobs of magenta blossoms covering the back fence. Gorgeous. Our back yard feels lush and green. (And I am inspired to buy a sprinkler today to keep the lushness!)

Hearing... Birds. Those suckers start chattering at 4am in this neighborhood. We slept with our window open a bit to let in the night breeze after a hot afternoon. This means that the full chorus woke us before MM's 5:00 alarm. At least its a happy sound to wake with.

Tasting... An omelet (mushroom, green onion, red bell pepper, and grass-fed cheddar cheese) cooked in Duck Fat. Wowzers! A mini "fruitsplosion" of blueberry, strawberry, orange, and apple in plain, whole fat, European-style yogurt. Wowzers, again! (Though, I forgot the coconut flakes I'd wanted to sprinkle on top. Oh well.)

Working... Resting today. Will fold some laundry and make the bed, but that's about it. My body and my soul are grateful for the space to heal and gather strength.

Reading... Finished a bunch of my books, and am currently BANGING through Salt. Man, we hit all the 18th century revolutions and I was able to engage, finally. Good stuff.

Learning... How to shop and cook paleo. We switched our eating to lacto-paleo, and someday I'll have the energy to write a post about why and the impact that's had. But for now, my brain is having to absorb a lot of data and make sense of it all. This week's adventure is the aforementioned duck fat. And maybe something made with coconut flour. Wooo!

Creating... If I feel up to it, I may draw a bit.

Dreaming... If I feel up to it, I may send MM a few suggestions for this year's Summer List. (We're kicking things off this weekend by going to see The Avengers!)

Pondering... What our souls need for health and life and joy.

Thankful for... A body that hurts less today than yesterday...  Sunshine. Those darn 4 am birds....  A delicious omelet. Fruit....  My loungewear. Though the color isn't my favorite, I am loving this set of jammies/loungewear. (When MM saw me making omelets this morning, he quipped, "Wow. You're being so fancy. Is it the loungewear?" I love him.)...  The plastic roaring tiger from the Target $1 bins that's sitting on my desk. We picked it up one night on our way to housechurch. We bought a bottle of wine for communion, and MM wanted the tiger. We showed up singing our Survivor parody, "The Wine and the Tiger". Yep. We're kind of lame. Anyway. He was going to get rid of the tiger, but I'm not ready for that yet. So I will keep the tiger and occasionally push his tummy to get a roar out of him. (And sing Survivor.)

2 comments:

  1. Jenny7:49 PM

    Nevada County Fair Aug 8-12 with Lazy Dog ice cream bars in every imaginable flavor, a personal introduction to any 4-H animal, and Treat Street under pine trees. Down-home parade, including diesel truck-fumes to breathe and star-spangled dog parts within walking distance of The Wellspring on the 4th also available for your summer bucket list. Take your pick. ;) Otherwise, I'll come to you in between for a little midtown refinement instead.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Was just talking about the fair this very night. I want to go sooo bad! This year. I swear it will happen! :)

    Yay, summer!

    ReplyDelete

What do you think?