5/15/2012

thankful tuesday - action pants edition

Linking up with (the completely fabulous) Mama Monk on Thankful Tuesday.

~ MM and I holding hands while we sleep. I just get the biggest kick out of waking up holding his hand.

~ An extra hour of sleep filled with goofy dreams this morning while MM showered. I always feel guilty for getting extra sleep, while my man gets ready for work. He thinks its awesome. I'm finally resting, which is what he wanted me to do last year. (I'm not good at taking sabbaticals.) Every morning he'd urge me to sleep in or take a nap. "No, no. I have things to do." Now? "Okay. Zzzzzzzz" It is good. (And he is wonderful.)

~ Hot coffee and scrambled eggs on the patio, watching the sun peek through the trees and listening to those crazy early morning birds. A slow, easy morning.

~ The gentle cooing of our dove amidst all the bird chatter.

~ Linen "action pants" and a long-sleeved T and flip flops with a bit of sparkle on them (and the right weather to wear it all).

~ This video. BEWARE: There are a couple cusswords and one of the actors flips off the camera. And its probably only funny if you were a geek/nerd/dork in high school and know something of the Internet celebrity/geek world of today. So. Be careful out there.

~ Discovering lots of recipes for paleo pancakes and waffles and cookies, and even cinnamon rolls. It is good to know that Philosophy Breakfast and Christmas morning and Rainy Afternoon Baking can still happen in this new world. Phew!

~ Finally finishing Salt! I know, right. That took forever. But I'm on a roll, baby. Of that giant list of books, I now have The Other Tudors, Pain Free, and The Story of Philosophy. MM and I are halfway through each of our books. A race to the finish! Nah. Dallas Willard will take the longest.  Who am I kidding. Anyway - this just feels like a victory, of sorts. Yay!

~ This: Heal me, O LORD, for my bones are troubled. My soul is also greatly troubled. But you O LORD - how long? (Ps6:2b-3) and other verses that comfort (Is 41:15-16, Is 61:1-4 -- especially v 4) while I am in a besieged city. It is good when my soul is pummeled like this to go into these old songs and drink deep of pain and anger and fear and joy expressed there. (PS 27:8-10, 13-14)

I tried to put the graphic here, but blogger doesn't like the HTML. :(


3 comments:

  1. So happy you linked up today (despite the technical difficulties!) and I'm grateful for the peek into your life. Falling asleep holding hands(!) is the sweetest thing I've read in a very long time. And, how can you not be thankful for breakfast on the porch?

    Thanks for inviting me over here.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Micha. Yes. Food tastes better outside. It just does.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I had to look up Paleo, thought it was a flour or some other new ingredient on the market. Obviously I was wrong...hahaha. Have fun with your new eating habits.

    ReplyDelete

What do you think?