4/27/2012

ffff - BACON!!!!

How about a fake friday fave five?

Reading - I'm resting a lot these days and trying to keep my mind occupied, so I'm reading a lot. I'll do a proper book post next week, but for now, a list:
 ~ The Other Tudors - Henry VIII's Mistresses and Bastards, Philippa Jones
 ~ Pain Free - A Revolutionary Method For Stopping Chronic Pain, Pete Egoscue with Roger Gittines
 ~ The Courage To Feel - A Practical Guide to the Power and Freedom of Emotional Honesty, Andrew Seubert (finished this week)
 ~ The Blue Parakeet - Rethinking How you Read the Bible, Scot McKnight (finished this week)
 ~ Salt - A World History, Mark Kurlansky
 ~ The Story of Philosophy - The Lives and Opinions of the Greater Philosophers, Wil Durant
 ~ The Cloister Walk, Kathleen Norris
 ~ Anne of Ingleside, L.M. Montgomery (with MM)
 ~ Changes that Heal, Henry Cloud (with MM)
 ~ Hearing God, Dalas Willard (with MM)

Sunshine - Its nice to have the varied skies, but I'm happy to have more sunshine than rain. Last year's long spring was terrible for me. This year is much better, but I'm still glad of the sun. Been having fun sitting out in the back discovering things in the Mystery Garden. The roses are blooming and so gorgeous!

The Internet - I've been doing lots of research lately, and I'm so thankful for this tool that helps inform us. Knowledge is power! We have access to so much more information these days. Also, just the people I've been able to meet and get to know that I wouldn't be able to otherwise. People who encourage and bless and support and advise. It's awesome. Thanks, Al. (heh heh)

BACON - We're eating more bacon these days, and while any bacon is a marvelous thing, I am particularly enamoured of this dish:

1 Take a small ramekin, and line the sides with bacon

2 In the bottom of the ramekin, put a layer of tomato
  (this could be fresh slices, diced with spices, sundried tomato, marinara)

3 On top of the tomato, add a layer of greens
  (kale, chard, spinach, or cabbage - kale or spinach are my faves)

4 On top of the greens, crack an egg

5 (Optional) On top of the egg, add some grated or crumbled cheese

6 Bake at 400 until the bacon and egg are cooked

7 Eat and make embarrassing noises, thanking the Lord for bacon and ramekins and all good things Amen

MM - I know he's on my list all the time, but I can't help it. I am on a healing journey that is excruciating and tiring and discouraging, and this man just loves me. For reals. And his love and presence and goodness to me makes All. The. Difference. He is handsome and brilliant and talented and funny, and an (amazing kisser). I enjoy and delight in him as a man. But I also take great comfort in him as MY man. For the first time in my life, I have someone who takes care of me and my heart. This is wonderful! And devastating. And life giving. And deeply healing. I am blessed and so, so very thankful.

1 comment:

  1. Blesssings to you on your healing journey!

    ReplyDelete

What do you think?