3/30/2012

fake friday fave five - everything is amazing

Five of my favorite things this week:

New routine. Been up and exercising earlier and earlier. And after MM heads off to work, I walk to a coffee shop, work on studying and writing for a few hours, walk back, and then do chores and other projects. I have come to really need those morning stretches. I have missed walks, so it's nice to get out again. I have missed nature, so I drink in the green grass and spring blossoms in giant gulps. I love being at the coffee shop because I am sure to get many hours with no Internet distracting me from work. I am a weak-willed creature, and am flat out more productive when I don't have to rely on my own strength to stay away.

Cinnamon toast. I don't get it often, but man, I love that stuff. We'.ve been off desserts, and don't do much in the way of sodas/juice. We allow ourselves fresh fruit and jam/honey on our bread, and the occasional cinnamon toast. Woah, nelly. It's the little things.

The giraffe I see on my way to and from the coffee shop. I know! How freakin' cool is it that I get to see an actual giraffe every day. I mean, maybe its no big deal to you, but for someone who has spent much of her life in suburbia, I just get a kick out of exotic wildlife encounters. And I love giraffes. I think they are my favorite. Like CK Louis says, "Everything is amazing." It is. I hope I never take it for granted. And look how cute!




The tree I see on the way to and from the coffee shop. Beautiful.



The morning I snapped this picture on my phone, the breeze picked up and bathed me in a cascade of petals. A million pink kisses. Delightful. This morning, the sun came out and sparkled like diamonds in the dewy grass beneath the tree. It almost makes me cry with its beauty. I stand there, bundled up against random spring rains, probably looking like a homeless person as I mumble: thankyouthankyouthankyou...

The poem MM wrote for me. He blows me away. Everyday. I can't believe I am so blessed.

Happy Friday.

3 comments:

  1. OK, so, that giraffe really made an impression on me - it showed up in my dreamscape last night. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow someone has a girafee for a pet? Way cool!
    Every morning on our walk to the beach in Half Moon Bay we saw a Llama. Named him Larry the Llama or Lucy the Llama...couldn't tell the gender.
    Great morning routines you have in place. And what discipline staying away from sweets. BTW have you tried Trader Joes Cinnamon-Sugar grinder? For a 1.99 you get fresh ground sugar and cinnamon. Theu have another one, sugar, chcolate and coffee grinder. Both good on anything.

    Have a Blessed Easter, you and MM.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jennifer - I hope it was a pleasant dream. Darling isnt s/he?

    Lynette - The giraffe actually lives at the zoo. There are 3, and I believe this is the youngest.

    I saw those grinders, but we opted for the smoked sea salt one. Yummy, but in a different way.

    ReplyDelete

What do you think?