2/28/2012

typing B while I still can

Cute Buns and I are doing pretty good on our exercise stuff. I think the game plan is to continue in March what we started in February:
 - Get out of Bed.
 - Stretch.
 - Strengthen Injured Areas.

And crank up the intensity of the strength part and add in some cardio. (Rule #1). (That is only funny to people who have watched Zombieland.)

I repeated "Week 0" this week, just to be sure, and I'm glad I did. I think my form could use some work. One things for sure, the second to the last and final "sets" are way easier than the first three. The first three feel wobbly and lame. Those last two actually feel like I'm doing crunches. Next week, I start the program in earnest. (Yikes!)

~ ~ ~

I need someone who knows about plants and trees to come to my house and identify what the heck is in our yard. There are tons of things that look like weeds and errant seedlings of nefarious nature, but I can't be sure. We're planning some spring gardening (aka - rip stuff out and cut stuff down) days in the next few weeks, and I want to know what stuff is before we do something terrible.

We may invest in one of those Sunset landscaping books that tells you what everything is and what zone you live in and what grows best there and when. Garden Nerds. With our rubber shoes and gloves and tubes of udder cream.

~ ~ ~

The prayer of the week (in the regular prayer book, not the Lent one) is particularly timely for me:

Most loving Father, 
whose will it is for us to give thanks for all things, 
to fear nothing but the loss of you, 
and to cast all our care on you who cares for us: 
Preserve me from faithless fears and worldly anxieties, 
that no clouds of this mortal life may hide from me 
the light of that love which is immortal, 
and which you have manifested to us in your Son Jesus Christ our Lord; 
who lives and reigns with you,
in the unity of the Holy Spirit, 
one God, 
now and for ever. 
Amen.

I love the word image of fears and anxieties being clouds that block the light of God's love for us. Lately, I've been soaking up every drop of sunlight I can. I'll scootch across the floor while I read or write, to follow a patch of it coming in through the window. What a difference in temperature when a cloud passes by! Great physical experience to link to the metaphor in this prayer.

~ ~ ~

My "B" key is sticking occasionally. This is usually the beginning of the end for me and a laptop. My last one, it was the "N" that konked out first. I must be hardcore with my pointer finger, or something. It's intermittent now, which is super fun for logging in to stuff or filling out forms. Hang on, Baby Laptop. You need to last at least three more years!

1 comment:

  1. I like how you start with baby steps in a new goal for yourself, 3 simple steps for your excerise plan.

    Take pictures of the stuff in your yard and visit your local nursery for identification. SMUD can help with trees. Someone I knew had SMUD come to there house to suggest the right trees for the yard.


    Found this website for you regarding zones and garden stuff.

    http://www.weekendgardener.net/climate-zones-map.htm

    Happy gardening!

    ReplyDelete

What do you think?