1/13/2012

fake friday fave five - research

1 - I made an amazing dinner the other night. There. I said it. It's true though. I made Pioneer Woman's porkchops and Smitten Kitchen's brussel sprouts, and quinoa using homemade turkey broth. Served it with a green salad and a cheap red wine. Delicioso!

2 - The adventure to see the beautiful moon. I still see the shimmer of the city lights and the glowing moon over the water. Delight!

3 - Finding some good sources of info on cosmetics and skin/hair care stuff. I'm about to go get new makeup and a haircut, but before that I want to revamp my skin/hair care system so that it fits better with my values, priorities, age, and station. I am particularly looking for good sunscreens, which are tricky. Here are some places to go:

Beautypedia - Paula wrote Don't Go to the Cosmetics Counter Without Me, and provides reviews on products.

Environmental Working Group Skin Deep Cosmetics Database - reviews cosmetics in terms of chemicals that can cause harm.

Vitacost - Dude. Cheap stuff. Found some great, organic soaps and lotions for, like 40-60% of what I'd pay in a regular store. Woohoo!

Naturallycurly - I go here for info on dealing with my hair and for their product reviews.

4 - Bubble baths. I've been able to indulge in some long, soaky baths lately. Helps with the cold house, and makes me nice and sleepy.

5 - Space heater. Our house is cold. We need rain and even colder weather, but I will be sad when that finally happens, cuz this house is cold enough already. It's been so good to have Blacky to haul around with me. He makes the office toasty warm, so that paying bills, etc. is not so daunting.

There you have it. Head over to the real Friday Fave Five if you want. Or don't. Whatever. I'm not the boss of you.

3 comments:

  1. Seeing the moon glimmer over the rippling waves truly is one of life's pleasures.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like Badger products for skin and especially sunscreen. http://www.badgerbalm.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jennifer - that's totally what I selected! This was all prompted by me wanting a physical blocker instead of the chemical stuff. Went with Kiss my Face olive oil soap, cuz we can just use it for everything.

    ReplyDelete

What do you think?