11/21/2011

it smells like mushrooms...

Some random stuff on a Monday:

~ ~ ~

Got my mammogram today. Girls, take care of your girls. Don't put it off. Someone loves you too much for you to wait.

~ ~ ~

All week the trees flash fire into impossibly blue skies. The reds and oranges break my heart with beauty every time we drive down the street. I try to take pictures, but there's just no way to capture this. Thank you, Lord, for eyes and color and reminders to drink deep and pay attention, cuz this season only lasts a short while and then its gone, baby, gone.

~ ~ ~

We made good use of our fireplace over a slow, snuggly weekend. How I have missed the coziness of a fire on a rainy afternoon! In just a few weekends we've managed to use up the small pile of wood we found behind The Pink Garage. Time to find a local source for firewood.  I've never bought wood from anywhere but the grocery store, so this should be interesting. Any tips?

~ ~ ~

So - now that we're done moving, and I'm getting a handle on things at The Pink House, I'm totally ramping up for the holiday season. (!!!!!) MM has been so sweet about talking through my Advent thoughts and decorating questions and scheduling conflicts and gift ideas. He grins when I start a conversation with, "so I've been thinking." Not that he doesn't care about that stuff, but I tend to get a little spazzy about it all, and since this year we are doing the whole Advent-Epiphany Shebang (Nov 27-Jan6), I am Extra Spazzy.

Did I mention that we're getting a real Christmas tree this year?

And that we have a mantle? For stockings?

We TOTALLY DO!

Thursday I can officially get my spazz on as we launch into a month of candles and sheperds and angels. And tubas. And a medieval village made of sugar.

I feel a little like Buddy. "First we'll make snow angels for a two hours, then we'll go ice skating, then we'll eat a whole roll of Tollhouse Cookiedough as fast as we can, and then we'll snuggle."


So, yeah. Spazzy the Elf, what's your favorite color?

~ ~ ~

And here's a quote I'm chewing on this week of thankfulness:

A wise lover regards not so much the gift of him who loves, as the love of him who gives. He esteems affection rather than valuables, and sets all gifts below the Beloved. A noble-minded lover rests not in the gift, but in Me above every gift. ~ Thomas a Kempis

I am thankful for so much: my husband and his amazing love, our Pink House, income during these uncertain economic times... With my mind constantly blown by so much goodness, it's hard to remember to be thankful, simply, for Him.

No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think?