10/11/2011

bubble baths and pink houses

Saturday morning I indulged in a morning bubble bath. I'm thankful for Kelle Hampton's reminder that daytime bubble baths are awesome. There is something so luxurious about a long soak during the day. Moreso, even, than a night-time bubble bath. I think maybe because it is an intentional sabbath - refraining from work and striving - during a time of day when the rest of the world is hustling and bustling its way through to do lists and deadlines and action items.

I am not good at relaxing, so MM does what he can to support my timeouts. He brought me a mug of hot decaf coffee halfway into my bath. And did the dishes so I would not immediately jump into work straight from the tub.

I got to sink down into warm water, lounge in the pale morning light and flicker of candles, sip hot coffee, and breathe in the fragrance of bubbles while I read my book. Fabulous!

~ ~ ~

We found a house in South West Fake New Jersey. (I have no idea what the real life correlation would be.) There's an even Bigger park around the corner from our house, and new set of trees to enjoy as they change color. These neighborhoods are newer than our current one (1905-1930), but still varied and interesting with a fabulous tree canopy.

We have the distinction of living in the only Bright Pink House in the neighborhood. Perhaps in the whole area. Wow, is it pink. Lordy! Apparently the property manager and all the neighbors have appealed to the owner to update to a stately neutral, but she adamantly declines. "I like what I like, and I only want renters who like what I like." Okay, then.

~ ~ ~

So. A move. We're hiring movers this time, baby! And it should be much simpler, since a) we both live in the same house, and all our stuff is here, and b) I'm not working right now. Easy peasy. (Famous last words.)

~ ~ ~

Still hopeful that we can fit a pumpkin carving night in there somewhere. Perhaps a scaled down version from last years.' We want to do it outside this time, but I have no idea what to expect with the weather. Meh, we'll have to play it by ear.

~ ~ ~

My head and heart are full of stirrings and whisperings and ponderings of mysteries. Now that we've solved the Where Will We Live problem, I hope I can settle down to think and pray and journal. My soul is starving for deep contemplation. And to that end, I think I'll sign off and spend some time on the porch. It's sunny again after a day of downpours, and I'm going to soak it up.

6 comments:

  1. Great post, I'm really glad you found a place to live!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We are too, it was getting discouraging, as I'd been searching since May. Phew! Hoping to make it just in time before the REAL rainy season starts.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I cannot wait to hear the moniker of found pink house!

    Wonderful news. And I raise you a cup of decaf with a glass of champagne in the bubble bath on a stormy Friday afternoon.

    Pink house has a bathtub, yes?

    ReplyDelete
  4. smiling at your news of a new home before the holidays, of hired moving help,and a new neighbourhood to explore.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Susan, we will have to go on another loooong walk through cute tree-lined streets. Although this time, I will have a real kitchen, and maybe even a full-sized coffee pot. #so fancy

    ReplyDelete
  6. Jewellspring, I've had Wine bubble baths, but not champagne. Looking forward to it!

    So far its "CFTWHQ Mark II, A.K.A. The Pink House".

    :D

    ReplyDelete

What do you think?