8/26/2011

zinnias, crickets, clean laundry, and kisses

This week's Fake Friday Fave Five.

1 The sight of - Bright (pink! magenta! red! orange! yellow!) zinnias in the morning sun, a gift from my Sweetie to make me smile on a hard day... Or, the neighbors white Christmas lights twinkling away on an ordinary Tuesday. All is calm. All is bright...

2 The sound of - The kids next door clomping out the door, across the porch, and down the steps to engage in pre-school combat before clambering into the rumbly old SUV that will haul them off for the day... Or, the evening crickets singing a lament to summer's end on a night when we decide to, "sit in comfy corner with the door open and listen to the bugs."

3 The smell of - Piles of clean laundry, fresh from the dryer, the fragrance of a sleepy Sunday morning... Or, the last bit of dark roast coffee in the package that wafts up each morning when I reach for the tea tin. We're saving it til the weekend, so it takes on the added essence of Anticipation.

4 The taste of - Second-day hot italian sausage soup with onion, bell pepper, tomatoes, broccoli, carrot, celery, black beans and spices, eaten with whole wheat bread slathered with way too much butter... Or, melted havarti with dill on whole wheat bread. Or, fried eggs with rosemary.

5 The touch of - My husbands baby kisses on the side of my neck as I wash dishes, and the warmth of his breath as he whispers, "Thank you for everything you do around here. It doesn't go unnoticed."... Or, his arms around me as he tells me, "I am so excited that I get to be with you when you get to live your dreams."

A full week.

2 comments:

  1. That man is a treasure. (I should know, I have a treasure for a hubby, too.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, indeed! I am still stunned at ending up here with him. *pinch, pinch* Nope. Not dreaming.

    And, yes. I love catching glimpses of your life with your Blue Eyed Tenor.

    ReplyDelete

What do you think?