9/28/2010

tuesdaybook - fluffy, white robe

For today I am

Seeing... My cozy, red couch with its fuzzy, orange blanket. The tree canopy over my street. And boxes (and boxes!) of books.

Its a work from home day - hallelujah! My home is warm and cozy and peaceful. I've got a deadline today, and it is soooo much better to work like a madwoman from the comfort of my home. I am sooooo thankful I have the option to do this.

Hearing... Tea water boiling on the stove, and MM clicking his way through his morning webcomics and blog posts.

He's working from home today too! Yay!

Wearing... Blue and white knit jammies that my Mama gave me for my wedding shower, athletic socks, and my fluffy, white robe.

Tasting... Mmmmm - just poured the tea, and soon there will be steel cut oats with cinamon, and maybe some banana. (I'm out of dried cranberries.)

Creating... Designing my new journal and prepping my new notebook.

I use composition books for my journals. That way they are all the same size and shape. It also gives me a way to customize my journals. I clip/tear photos and phrases from magazines or draw original art and cover the journals with collages. Ann Voskamp buys blank books and continues the art inside, but I need lots of space for lots of words, so I'm happy to just design the outside.

I use store bought journals as my analog productivity tool. Partly b/c I find it to be less cumbersome than electronic tools, and partly because, philosophically, I like to have non-digital elements of my life. I enjoy "bouquets of freshly-sharpened pencils" and beautiful papers and colorful ink. Using a simple month-view calender and written lists allows me to keep my organization system simple, and use items that give me pleasure in the process. Sometime I'll describe my productivity notebook, but for now, I'm happy to be setting up a new one. A gift from a friend!

Working... For the office - writing, writing, writing. And some graphics design. And some formatting. We are delivering a draft of the help system tomorrow! Gah!

For the home - MM and I are going to shelve the CDs and books. This has been a fun project! We are both book lovers and its been cool to merge our libraries. MM has an amazingly varied pallet, and I have genre's of books he's never read before. I love getting to know him and seeing the books that have shaped some of his worldview. It's also fun to think that all these cool books are in my library now! :)

Pondering... Some of the insights, breakthroughs, epiphanies, and "aha! moments" of late. I'm going through powerful shifts as I continue to heal, and its hard to keep up with it all. I'm an internal processor and need to take time to assimilate all my experiences (hence notebooks, journals, blogs, etc.) In between writing, designing, formatting, and book-shelving, I hope to grab snatches of time to process.

Remembering... How last year, at this time, I was getting ready to go to Greece! What a great adventure! I can't wait to travel again. It will be a few years before we can afford to go. Every other year, MM has a conference in Wisconsin, so our trips abroad will need to alternate with that. We are thinking Ireland for 2012!

Planning... For today - dinner. Wraps & chips - something light before tango lessons. For the future - loose plans for the fall/holiday season.

Thankful for... The opportunity to work from home instead of having to get all dressed up and sit in a freezing office at an uncomfortable desk. The gentle caffine stylings of black tea. My rockstar husband who loves me so well. My Cornish Hill mug, that reminds me of an old, beloved boss. The sunshine falling on the leaves outside my window and streaming through the blinds into the kitchen. A new day to work, create, heal, and grow.

No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think?