3/01/2010

mondaybook

My heart is full today after last week's intense soul work and a weekend of more soul work and lots of play. So I am going to do my own version of the Simple Woman's Daybook.

For today I am

Seeing...
Light pink carnations on the credenza in front of the window all sweet and ruffly in the morning light, still blooming strong from one of the bouquets my sweet Valentine gave me two weeks ago.

Hearing...
The whir of my old laptop getting its morning virus scan and the gurgle of Goldie the radiator in the corner.

Wearing...
My "Its all fun and games until the flying monkeys attack" T-shirt. :)

Tasting...
Right now, Pete's coffee, black.

And later, Chinese food left over from last nights Sabbath dinner. I ordered takeout from our new favorite restaurant and served it on a set of Asian plates that my best friend gave me for my first Christmas in my little studio. A set of two, "for you and a boy." Seven months later I met The Boy, and every time I use these dishes I think of the hope included in that gift, that my heart would find someone to love. Thanks, Ninja, for hoping on my behalf! I can't imagine using those plates with anyone more wonderful.

Creating...
A muslin shopping bag, embroidered with something fun. I gave these as Christmas gifts two Christmases ago and have some leftover fabric. They are easy to make and practical and personalized.

Working...
On more job search stuff. Putting together a portfolio and updating my online networking profiles.

Pondering...
How best to use my time and energy this week and month. MM and I are busy bonding and integrating our communities and thinking and dreaming about the future (!), so I have lots of ideas swirling in my head. I want to make sure to maintain balance, though, and not get overwhelmed or swept away by a million details and activities. Thinking a lot about how to dream dreams about the future, and plan strategies for getting from here to there, but still remain fully (and abundantly!) in the present moment. (This may spawn another post...)

Remembering...
My sweet Mommy's smile this weekend when we visited her for her 82nd birthday.

Planning...
A couple of birthday events for MM. The Big Lebowski Bowl and a Snowshoe trip.

Thankful for...
The abundance of relationships in my (and MM's) life. We spent Friday through Sunday afternoon ensconced in love from multiple people.

And for Baby Laptop, which allows me to write this while sitting on my sofa in a pool of morning sunshine.

MM - who loves me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think?